Friday, November 9, 2012

Gastfamilie Änderung

It has been a while since I have last updated my blog because a lot has transpired in the interim. Due to a death in the family, the Röse family and I have agreed that it would be better for me to spend the remaining eight months that I have here in Deutschland with another host family. At first I had no clue how long it would take to find a new host family and I didn't know where in Germany I would be required to move to. Fortunately for me, a family whose sons I had befriended through school and the flag football team almost immediately agreed to take me in. On Tuesday I said my goodbyes to the Röses and moved in with the Pünder family - Patrik (father), Anita (mother), Fabian (11th grade) and Philipp (10th grade). I am extremely fortunate not to leave the area and start from scratch. I am at the same school, but in a different 10th grade class - now with Philipp. The Pünders live in Nienhagen, one of the small towns surrounding Celle. Nienhagen is approximately ten kilometers south of Celle, whereas Hambühren, where I lived for my first two months, is about eight kilometers west of Celle. I'm excited for my next chapter in Germany with the Pünders and want to thank the Röses for hosting me for two months. I look forward to continuing my rapid improvement of the German language, making new friends, and living a different type of German life than I experienced for the first part of my journey. Thank you very much Pünder family! 


1 comment: