Monday, August 27, 2012

Meine Gastfamilie und neue Stadt.

Today I finally received my host family. With just eleven days left before my departure, I received an email from Michaela Röse, my host mother. I will be staying with Michaela, her husband Bernd, their fifteen year old daughter Marja, their thirteen year old son Fynn, a cat named Roxy, and two Huskies named Alaska and Fire and Ice. They all live in a town of 10,000 people called Hambühren. By car, Hambühren is a 45 minutes north of Hannover, a city of 585,000 people, 90 minutes south of Hamburg, 75 minutes southeast of Bremen, 60 minutes northwest of Braunschweig, 195 minutes west of Berlin, and just a few kilometers from Celle, a city of 70,000. I will be attending the Ernestinum Gymnasium in Celle, which was founded in the year 1328 as a Latin School. I am looking forward to all the new experiences with my host family and my new community in Germany!

The location of Hambühren in Germany

Timber-Framed Houses in the center of Celle

I forgot to mention, I am officially a Hannover 96 fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment